Monday, May 17, 2010

Capt'n Crunch Crusade Continues!

Wow, you would not believe the trouble I went through to get that Capt'n Crunch. First, as I whined about yesterday, I was unable to get the .50/1 coupon that was supposed to come in the Redplum. Then My Coupon Rival took all the inserts. THEN I ran out of ink - after wasting one of my prints on redplum.com and realizing that I was running out of ink. THEN I remembered that my old printer still has ink in it, so was able to print one good coupon. I still cut out the coupon I printed with not enough ink, in hopes that I would still be able to use it. So, I only had 2 coupons, but I was going to make the best of it, and use the Safeway doubler to at least get 4 boxes for $2.00 - still, a really good deal (but not free, dang it!). So I FINALLY get to Safeway, coupons in hand, and guess what I found?


Yes. Not a BOX of Peanut Butter Capt'n Crunch in sight. Oh, yeah, did I mention that it is only the Peanut Butter Capt'n Crunch I wanted? You all should know by now how much I love peanut butter. So, I asked customer service to check and see if there was any in the back (My Coupon Rival had probably just come with her 20 capt'n crunch coupons that she took ALL of and bought ALL of the PB CC. Betch). No, none in the back. So, they called another store, and THANK GOD, they had it. And I didn't mind driving over there. At this point it had become a Vendetta. A Vendetta for Capt'n Crunch. Also, it was near Target, where I was planning on going anyway.

So, thinking that my problems were over, I drove happily to the other Safeway, when suddenly I start to notice a bunch of construction guys. And some machinery. And, oh, the intersection that I have to turn left at to get to Safeway is BLOCKED OFF! Can you believe it? Is God trying to tell me that I should not buy Capt'n Crunch? Well, really, he shouldn't have made it so hard for me to get it, because that just made me want it more. I took a detour through the Walgreens parking lot ( OK, I did stop and go into Walgreens to see if they had a clearance deal posted on WILDFOR WAGS, but no, they didn't, so that doesn't count), made an illegal left turn (is it illegal if the two cars in front of you do it too? They were all trying to get to the same place as me) - And finally made it to Safeway, got my cereal, and was even able to use my crappy half printed coupon WITH doublers, to get 4 boxes for $2.00. Or .50 cents a box. I actually CHEERED when the cashier told me my total. She must have thought I was crazy.

No comments: