Wednesday, May 19, 2010

And even more Albertsons

Seriously.  After I got home with my steak, J and I decided to make fajitas, which meant I had to go BACK to the store to get a few more things.  This is when I can't WAIT for my stockpile to be bigger.  Being broke means that it is harder (slower) to build a stockpile, and you end up having to buy just what you need when you need it.  The problem with that is that you often end up paying much more than you should have to for certain items.  For example:  I needed Fajita seasoning, tortillas, guacamole, onion, and bell pepper.  I had NO coupons for fajita seasoning OR tortillas (at least, not the brands that they had at Albertsons.)  The cheapest fajita seasoning I could find on sale was $1.00 - when I know that I will be able to get it for free-.50 cents when a good sale and coupon comes along.  On top of that, the cheapest tortillas I could find were $1.99 - and a few weeks ago, I got a pack of tortillas for FREE at Albertsons!  If only I had stocked up on a few extra, but I wasn't thinking about stockpiling (also, I only had 2 coupons).  Now that I have been couponing for awhile, it pains me to pay this much for food.  But, we need to eat, so I did it.  Bell peppers were $2.49 each, holy crap!  But the green ones were only .99, so I went for those ( even though I usually buy red or orange) - and yellow onions were $1.29/lb, vs. $1.99/lb for white or red.  At least I got the guac for a good price with a coupon and doubler (Cheaper than an avocado!), and I bought the treats again for overage.
Paid: $5.22
Saved: $5.59

Taco Bell Fajita seasoning (Sale $1.00)
Don Pancho Tortillas (Sale $1.99)
Bell Pepper (.99 cents)
Yellow Onion (.76 cents)
Wholly Guacamole ($2.99)
Friskies Treats: (Sale $1.49)

Used coupons:
$1/1 Wholly Guacamole (SS 5/16)
$1/1 Friskies Cat treats
Doubled both
(-$2.00)

No comments: