Sunday, January 9, 2011

Walgreens 1/9

Pretty good trip to Wags, although there was a confusing snafu with the Reach Toothbrushes.  After I studied the receipt for awhile, I think I figured out what happened.  First, I got 4 toothbrushes, and they rang up all different prices - 2.99, 3.99 and 2 at 4.49 ( the price they were all marked at).  Now, normally an unexpected price reduction would be exciting, but in this case it sort of threw a wrench in things.  It may have been different if I had known that some of them were 2.99, and I could have gotten all 4 of them at that price.  But in this case, my B1G1 coupons applied to the lower priced toothbrushes, so it went like this:
2 @ 4.49
1 @ 3.99
- B1G1
1 @ 2.99
-B1G1
After B1G1 =
$8.98
-$2/2 Reach = $6.98
Wags In ad coupon SHOULD have taken off $8, but it only took off $4 - I'm guessing that those lower prices toothbrushes were the culprits.  So, I paid $2.98 instead of getting a money maker :(  I know, $2.98 for 4 toothbrushes is still not bad.  But I was expecting a money maker, so I'm sort of disappointed.  I'm still trying to figure out if and how to remedy this situation.

But, moving on to the good.  I started out this trip with a $10 RR.
Paid: $3.42 ( darn toothbrushes!)
Saved: $69.83!
Used $10 RR
Got back $9 RR

Ok, I already explained the toothbrush situation, but I also got:
2 x Colgate Total Care toothpaste ( Reg 4.49, Wags Sale B1G1)
Used 2x $1/1 Colgate Wags Q from Winter Diabetes and You Magazine ( available in the pharmacy)
Used 2x $1/1 Colgate Manufacturer Q from Winter Diabetes and You
Total: .29 cents for both, or .15 cents each!

2x Stayfree Maxipads (reg $6.49 each)
Used B1G1 Free from 1/9 SS (-$6.49)
$1/1 Stayfree from HERE
WAGS in ad coupon for $3 off Stayfree ( took off $6)
FREE plus .51 cent moneymaker!

2 x Bic Triumph Pens 2 pack (Sale $1.99)
Used 2x  $2/1 Printable ( NLA, but there was also one in 1/9 SS)
FREE!

EOS Shave Cream (Sale $2.99)
Plus had a free Bic Soleil Razor attached!
Got back $2 RR, making this .99 cents!
(also a good filler, since there were no coupons for this)

Go! Kid's Multi-vitamin Gummies ( Sale $5.00)
Got back $5 RR so FREE!
( Note: I don't have kids, I just got this as a filler/way to roll my RRs.  This is going in my donation bag)

2x Special K ( Sale 2 for $5)
Used B1G1 from HERE
Got back $2 RR
Total: .25 cents each!

Overall, I'm pretty happy despite the toothbrush fiasco.  Plus I have $9 RRs to use next week!

No comments: