Friday, January 14, 2011

Rite-Aid Adventure

I normally don't shop at Rite-Aid.  The main reason is that when I first started couponing, I decided to focus on only a few stores, so that I didn't overwhelm myself.  I picked Walgreens over Rite Aid, because at the time Walgreens had Register Rewards (which keeps my OOP low) and Rite aid had a rebate program.  So instead of instantly getting back a coupon you could use in the store, once a month you were mailed a rebate for whatever select items you had purchased.  However, Rite-Aid revamped their rewards system, and they now offer what is called Up rewards - which are very similar to Register Rewards.  I guess the only difference is that you can "roll" them - which means that you can use an Up reward to buy the same item again, and another Up reward will print - unlike an RR.  Also, multiple Up rewards will print.  So if you buy 2 of the same item in the same transaction, they will both produce an Up reward.  Again, unlike the RR.  Those are both positive differences.   Hmmm... I'm intrigued.  I decided to swing in there tonight. 

I got...

2x Special K ( regularly $4.79 each, on sale B1G1)
-Used B1G1 Special K from HERE ( Took off $4.49, maximum allowed)
Paid .30 cents for both boxes!
(also I got the LAST TWO BOXES!  Wooo!  The coupon gods were smiling on me)

Organix Shampoo and Conditioner ( Reg $6.99 each, Sale B1G1)
These were also specially marked "extra 50% free!"  So I basically got two 1.5 sized bottles for the price of one regular sized bottle ( this brand never has coupons, so this is a good deal!)

Paid $7.29
Got $2 in Up Rewards.  It must have been from the Special K, because it said it was from food and snacks.
A pretty good way to start my Rite-Aid shopping!

No comments: