Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Small Target trip

I headed out to Target, with a stack of coupons in hand.  I left having used only a few of those coupons, but I still consider it a decent trip.

Spent: $1.29
2x Up & Up Ibuprofen, 24 count ($1.09 each)
Used 2x $1/1 Up &Up pain reliever from HERE = .09 cents each
Travel sized toothpaste ($1.07)
Used $1/1 from HERE (.07 cents after coupon)
Soft Soap $1.04
(No coupon!  There is .35/1 floating around, but I don't have it)

OK, ummmm.  I just realized I made a mistake (as is the norm, right?).  The coupon I used was for Aquafresh Extreme clean.  It specified no restrictions,  so I was good to get the trial size.  Which I needed (my toothpaste stockpile is in storage, apparently.)   I thought, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I had grabbed the Aquafresh Extreme Clean.  Apparently, I had grabbed the Arm and Hammer.  And somehow, the cashier also didn't notice, and pushed the coupon through...whoops!  If you do this deal, be sure you actually get the correct item, unlike me. 

Sadly, I was unable to do the other planned deals.  The target I went to is in the middle of a Fresh Grocery remodel, so they did not have the Ore-Ida Easy Fries for .99 cents, and although I found several Mossimo shirts on clearance for $3.74, none of them were items I would ever wear.  I saw lots of super cute clearance shirts at higher prices, so I will check back and see if they get marked down any further.  ( if you have no idea what I am talking about, there is a $3/1 Mossimo apparel item coupon at target.com, and if you use it with a clearance item, you can get it super cheap.  There are some items marked to $3.74, making them .74 cents after coupon!)   

All in all, Target is not really my favorite place to coupon right now, but I feel pretty OK about the deals I got today.

No comments: