Sunday, November 14, 2010

Albertson's Doublers!

Yes!  I'm loving all these Albertson's doubler deals.  I had 2 scenarios worked out, which is good because the 1st one I was going to do didn't happen since my store was SOLD OUT of the Betty Crocker Brownies.  Dang it!  It was probably my coupon nemesis, who probably also swiped all the $60 in savings coupon booklets from Safeway.  Oh well, that is the life in couponing, you gotta be able to roll with the punches.  Here is the scenario I worked out.
OOP: .90 cents!
Saved: $37.08!
That's a 98% savings!  Heck yes.

Here's what I did:
Instant Savings Spotlight:  Save $5.00 when you buy 10 selected items.  The 10 items I bought were:
4x Betty Crocker Cake Mix (.99 cents each)
Betty Crocker Frosting ($1.49 each)
- $1/2 wyb Betty Crocker cake mix AND frosting
2x Nestle Morsels ($1.99 each)
-2x $1/1 Nestle Morsels Printable ( no longer available)
2x Pam Cooking Spray ($2.49 each)
- 2x $1/1 Pam Cooking Spray from $60 in savings Safeway booklet Wesson Cooking Oil ($2.49 each)
-$1/1 Wesson Cooking Oil from $60 in savings Safeway booklet
- $5.00 Instant Savings
- $3.00 Doublers
ALSO 2x Wholly Guacamole ($2.99 each)
Used $4/1 Wholly Product from Facebook (no longer available)
Cashier adjusted down to $2.99 - no overage!

OK - So, my total was lower than I thought, and I was just sort of confused and pleasantly surprised, so I paid and left.  Now reviewing my receipt, I realize that I paid less than I should have.  I think the checker somehow scanned 2 coupons twice ( giving me $2 extra dollars off).  Then, I literally JUST REALIZED that the Nestle Morsel Coupon was $1/2, not $1/1.  I gave it to the checker thinking it was a $1/1, and it went through.  Oooooooops.  I would NEVER knowingly give an extra coupon for an item.  That is coupon fraud, and I DO NOT condone that.  It makes couponing bad for everyone.  So, I do feel bad about that.  That being said, I do carefully review my coupons and try very hard to always use the right ones in the right situations.  I am not perfect, and sometimes make mistakes. 

No comments: