Friday, April 30, 2010

I really do heart Walgreens


I never really shopped at Walgreens before I discovered couponing. However, in the last few weeks I have been there so many times that I think the employees are starting to either love me or hate me, I'm not sure which. Did you know that you can actually make a profit there? Earlier this week I made a profit TWICE!

Now when I say made a profit, I don't meant that they actually hand you cash - usually. In this case, they actually did. Walgreens has a system called Register Rewards - they are kind of like reverse coupons. If you buy a certain item, a coupon will print for a certain amount off you next purchase at Walgreens. For more info on this, I highly suggest the blog http://wildforwags.com/
The Schick Intuition razor was a register rewards item. It was on sale for $8.99, and printed a $3.00 register reward. I also had a $4.00 off coupon from the paper a few weeks ago. After I made the purchase, my register reward did not print. The manager came over, tried the transaction again. It still did not print. So, he returned it, re-rang it for $5.99 - and handed me $3.00! My overall profit for this transaction was $3.25 - including What I spent and got back in register rewards.

No comments: